Home / Executive Meeting Minutes / Executive Meeting Minutes for October, 20th/16

Executive Meeting Minutes for October, 20th/16

Black Walnut Toastmasters Executive Meeting Minutes for October, 20th/16

Members Present: H.W. Bud Brown, Chris O’Brien, Matt DiMarco, Veliborka Kecman, Sarah Connors, David Golan, Beata LaBocha, and Wayne Kuhn

Regrets: Sandy Moore, and Melanie Thomas

7 am President Calls Meeting to Order

Minutes from Sept Meeting: Accepted

Agenda for Oct Meeting: Accepted

Department Reports:

Sergeant-At-Arms: Veli Kecman 

– Has ordered evaluation ribbons

– Will order speaker ribbons and add CC and CL manual for Akmal to that

order

– Next TM meeting will remind people to bring in their CC/CL manuals from

home that they’ve received from TI to replenish the stock in the cupboard

– Will speak to Sandy about doing more new member folders (what’s needed

for the folders)

Secretary: Sarah Connors

– Long folders/drop down folders for new members. Still don’t have one for all

new members. Sarah will be checking the boxes that all new members have a

folder and take out old members’ names from folders to make them available

again.

– Follow up on previous AI from previous meetings (we didn’t have the

minutes from Aug/Sept present to review)

Treasurer: Beata Labocha

– Sent statements

– Current standing of Finances: Finances in good order

– Question was raised about whether we could subsidize the Fall conference,

and/or support some Black walnut members to attend?

– Had been done in the past, but concern from a number of members regarding

our current Financial standing and being able to afford to do so

– Has taken care of new members from last month’s meeting minutes

– Still needs to collect money from Akmal for his manuals

Motion: A motion was made to have a subsidy of $350 for Black walnut members

attending the conference

An amendment was made to the motion: A motion to have an ongoing subsidy

practice for conference Black walnut attendees, subject to the availability of funds,

and subject to discretion of the treasurer. ! Amendment was carried.

VP Public Relations: Matt DiMarco

– Working with Scarlett (VP of the Energetics) ongoing process at the moment

– Have an open house coming up in next few weeks, needs to let everyone

know the date(s)

– Remind people about upcoming contest ! Sean and Wayne will be

competing at the Centre in the Square

– Christmas Breakfast: organize for Dec 21/2016

Chris O’Brien

– Send template for time keeper sheet and print some before next meeting

VP Membership: Sandy Moore

– Sent email with report to Bud

– Would like to schedule another induction in 3 weeks from now

– Out of the black guest packages; Veli will talk to Sandy about them

– Was suggested to give them/or send them by email project #1?

– Veli suggested putting a sheet inside the manuals as well to remind people to

return their manuals when they receive them in the mail

VP Education: David Golan

– After Gudmundur completed his 10th speech this week, that gave us a second

CC completed which in turn awarded us a 5th point toward our Distinguished

Club status so we are a distinguished club already.

– Update information on club to TI

– Get city of Waterloo contact to Matt

– Change Akmal’s name from all caps in easy speak ! Chris can assist with this

President: Bud Brown

– Bud just wanted to say how amazing the Executive has been so far this year!

– Already a distinguished club! ! suggested putting this on facebook page

– Also brought up follow up with those members who will/could achieve

advanced manuals this year (Chris, Matt, Beata)

Next Meeting: November 17th, 2016

Action items:

*All Executive send in your report if you will not be attending the meeting

Veli – Order speaker ribbons, CC and CL manual for Akmal

– Remind ppl at next meeting to bring in CC/CL manuals

– Speak to Sandy about putting together more new member

folders

Beata – Collecting fee from Akmal for new manuals

David – Update information on club to TI

– Get city of Waterloo contact to Matt

– Change Akmal’s name from all caps in easy speak ! Chris to

do this

Matt – Let executive know when upcoming open house will be

– Remind people about upcoming contest ! Sean and Wayne

will be competing

– Christmas Breakfast: organize for Dec 21/2016

Chris – Send template for time keeper sheet and print some before

next meeting

– Assist David, if necessary with changing Akmal’s name in easy

speak from all caps

Bud – Provide updated attendance sheet Rile for printing

Sarah – New member folders/take out former members names from

folders

– Post-its for when forms are getting low (eg. 4th last page)

Top